/**/ The Purposeful Wife: January Goals

Friday, January 6, 2012

January Goals

Here are my goals for January with 3in30 :).

1. Continue to work on exercise, specifically 3 times a week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. This week was a winner! Now that my daughter is sleeping through the night, it is a lot more realistic to plan on exercising in the mornings. This Monday I did the treadmill, Wednesday was pilates, and today was yoga.

2. Read six books. Yikes! One of my goals for 2012 in general. Each month I'd like to read a book from the following categories: 1)Parenting/marriage, 2)Homemaking/managing, 3)Something for my soul (theology, Christian living, etc.), 4)for Education (I always want to be learning about different things!), 5)for Women, 6)for fun! My parenting book this month is The Excellent Mother by John Macarthur, homemaking is The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bill in Half, for my soul I'm finishing the Mack's book God's Solutions for Life's Problems, education is Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy, womanhood book is Becoming a Woman who Pleases God by Patricia Ennis and Lisa Tatlock, and finally, for fun, C.S Lewis' The Magician's Nephew. This is a lot of reading. I am aware of that and slightly nervous. However I figure that if I use my pumping sessions productively on reading instead of surfing the web, I just might be able to do it. I'll be posting book reviews to let you know how they are!

3. Completely purge and organize my daughter's room! 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week. We'll see if that pace is effective. As promised, here are the before pictures:

View from the door

Unusable Crib and Changing Pad

Closet and Piles on the Floor

Possibly the only neat area in the room
As you can see, I have my work cut out for me :). Happy goal pursuing! And if you haven't joined 3in30 yet, why not this month?

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a great list of books! I haven't read any of them, so I look forward to reading your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni :). I am excited to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm..what a great list of books, and good luck on the cleaning! It's one of my favorite things to do...organize and clean! {sad, I know!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great goals! I would be nervous about the book goal, but that's me and my schedule. I bet you can do it and I'm looking forward to reading the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great goals! That's a huge number of books to read in a month (sad to say, since I used to read about that much before I had children). I too am looking forward to reading some reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becoming a Woman who Pleases God is a good read. We did it one chapter a month for "Ladies Night Out" a few years back at CBC. Love your "fun" book, it my fav of the Chronicles. Wonder which of my daughters rooms I should work on...with daughters grown & gone I have a few extra large & messy closets. ;) OXOX ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...