/**/ The Purposeful Wife: Book Review: Damsels in Distress

Friday, February 24, 2012

Book Review: Damsels in Distress


I must confess, the title of this book almost made me not read it (personally I think it's a tad cheesy). Yet I know that Martha Peace is an excellent writer and source of Biblical wisdom, and I was given the book on the recommendation of a very reliable friend, so read it I did.

I was not disappointed. What I love about Martha Peace is that she doesn't write fluff. It is surprisingly difficult to find a book for Christian women without fluff! With Martha it is just straight up Biblical truth with helpful real life examples. Very refreshing!

Damsels in Distress draws from Martha Peace's years of Biblical counseling to address the issues women commonly face. She covers gossip, idolatrous emotional attachments, manipulation, hurt feelings, vanity, PMS, legalism, feminism, the role of women in the church, and trials. All of the information was drawn directly from Scripture and communicated clearly and concisely.

At about 180 pages, it is a thinner book and an easy read, but certainly one I will be referring back to as I deal with these struggles in my own life and come across them in the lives of women the Lord places in my path. I highly recommend it! If you enjoyed The Excellent Wife, please pick up Damsels in Distress. And if you haven't read The Excellent Wife, please make that your next read! It is a valuable volume for every Christian wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...