/**/ The Purposeful Wife: A Delicious Recipe for Your Bread Machine

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Delicious Recipe for Your Bread Machine

Photo Credit
 There is nothing so delightful, so utterly tantalizing to the senses, as a loaf of freshly baked bread. The smell, the taste, the fluffy texture, butter melting and filling your mouth with wholesome goodness... *Sigh*.

Fresh bread is a blessing to your family; it is a comforting, nourishing thing that says "Welcome home."

Bread making is an art. It takes time, practice, and careful attention to detail. I don't know about you, but when I've tried it, my loaves always end up dense or lumpy looking. This is why I've come to fall in love with my bread machine (purchased second-hand three years ago for $15!).

Ten minutes of dumping ingredients in and hitting start, and I walk out of the kitchen. After only three hours, lovely smells are wafting through my house and I have one delicious component of dinner ready to go. It is easy, efficient, and healthy ( I can control what ingredients we are consuming).

Today I'm sharing with you a favorite recipe of mine, passed along from a dear family friend (who excels at blessing whomever walks into her kitchen with her domestic artfulness). She got this recipe from another friend unknown to me, so I have no idea who it originates with. But it is SO tasty!

Whole Wheat Bread

1 Cup of Water
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/3 Cup Honey
2 Cups Bread Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
3 Tablespoons Powdered Milk or Buttermilk
1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1 Tablespoon Sunflower Seeds (if unsalted, add 1 tsp. salt)
2 and 1/4 teaspoon Yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. Bake on Regular setting. Yields one 1.5 pound loaf.

Enjoy! Your family will thank you for making this delicious loaf ;).

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing, I just realized today I must start making my own bread(it's too expensive to buy!) and I will substitute the milk with soy because of my breastfed baby with milk allergy (exciting :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope it works well for you :).

      Delete
  2. I love this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...