/**/ The Purposeful Wife: Meanwhile at the O'Neill's... Mama Couldn't Get Her Act Together

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Meanwhile at the O'Neill's... Mama Couldn't Get Her Act Together

Hello folks... It's been awhile. I've been so hit and miss lately, that I thought I'd update you on what I've been up to.

S enjoying her pink heart Valentine's Day pancake :).
First off, tomorrow marks 16 weeks of pregnancy! I heard baby's heart beat at my appointment on Thursday, I am officially into maternity pants, and things seem to be progressing well thus far. This is the good news!

The harder news? I shared with you in my review of Desperate that I've been struggling lately to keep up- I've felt tired and nauseous and slightly depressed {hate that word, but not sure how else to describe my heart and mind right now}.

One of you wisely suggested that I get my thyroid checked. Since I do have hypothyroidism in pregnancy, and was already on medication for it, I had never considered that it could be contributing to my lack of energy and motivation.Well, I just got my latest blood work back, and sure enough- my levels are still low, and the doctor has doubled my dose.

So I've been fighting zero energy, nausea, a daughter who no longer sleeps through the night... and I haven't been coming out on top. My house is a wreck, and I just can't seem to keep up, no matter how hard I try.

Even motivation for things I normally love {like blogging here, reading, and spending time with friends} has been shot. All I want to do is sleep and eat :). I am hoping, and praying, that my new dosage of medication kicks in and makes a big difference soon!

Lot's of issues with leaky pipes have interrupted our normal routine over the past three weeks. Maintenance men in and out, water shut off for hours at a time, and the inability to do laundry or dishes or even shower on my own time table has thrown me for a loop.

On top of it all, this week I threw out my back- for about three days I was unable to lift anything, sit still, stand up, or move without serious pain. Thanks to the Lord's mercy, lots of icing, and my awesome chiropractor, I am seeing great improvement, but I'm still not back to normal movement and ability.

This is why you haven't heard much from me lately :). My desire is to get my life back in order, my home running smoothly, and regular postings here.... but I really can't predict what the next few weeks might hold. All I can say is I will do my best- I've missed you all, and the spiritual encouragement and challenges that you bless me with.

S using her "top" (lap top) for a recliner
I don't want to sound like a total downer- despite the struggles, there have been countless blessings. I am thankful for:

1. Great friends who help us out in a pinch- letting us come over to do laundry and shower, caring for my daughter and home when my back flared up, and donating chocolate to my cause as needed ;).

2. A lovely Valentine's Day- My friend The Birth Bug and her son J came over for a play date. We had a blast with heart shaped donuts, pink heart shaped pancakes, and play time in the sunshine. I actually managed to surprise my husband with a little gift {the second surprise I've successfully pulled off in nearly five years of marriage! he is just too perceptive ;)}, and we ended our day with a sweet steak dinner at home, Martinelli's sparkling cider included.

3. Yesterday I started really noticing this baby moving around! *BEST* feeling ever.

4. Our pipes are in one piece, water is on, and I am able to do my normal household tasks again freely!

5. There have been sweet days in the Word and prayer, despite the dry and hard days. 

So there you have it folks- my life for now. What have you been up to lately?   


P.S- In case you missed it, I shared about loving your spouse in light of 1 Corinthians 13 at A Biblical Marriage this week. You can read Part One here, and Part Two here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...