/**/ The Purposeful Wife: 31 Days of Pinterest Applied {Introduction}

Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Pinterest Applied {Introduction}


True story: I really enjoy Pinterest. The gorgeous photos, drool-worthy desserts, and brilliant life hacks I find there infuse me with excitement for my homemaking. When I was on bed rest with my son W, it was almost torturous for me to scroll through my feed. Stuck on the couch, I was unable to jump up and organize or beautify my life.

While I do find Pinterest to be very inspirational, the truth is that often I collect loads of lovely pins, only to let them gather virtual dust on my pinboards. Life is busy, and when I'm barely keeping my head above water with the ordinary tasks, it can be easy to forget about the gorgeous extras I've pinned.

Pondering this predicament has brought me to a conclusion: if I don't use what I pin, Pinterest is just another time-waster. No thank you, I have enough of those in my life already!

If, however, I take the time and effort to strategically employ things I've pinned, my home and family can reap great benefits! Yummy new meals to eat, smarter cleaning tactics, great kids crafts, and organizational helps can all contribute to making our lives more enjoyable and efficient.

For all of October, I will be attempting to do just that: strategically applying my pin boards to real life. Participating with the Nester's 31 days link-up, I'll post about the projects Monday-Saturday of each week {resting on the Lord's Day}.

Pinterest isn't about making my life picture perfect. I am not superwoman, and my home will never look like Martha Stewart's. Trying new things to improve the flow of my home, does, however, help me to break away from housekeeping boredom. It also encourages my husband and kiddos when I make these extra efforts.

I'm all about loving on my home and family. Would you like to join me?

You can find the Pinterest boards I'm pulling from here.

Happy Homemaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...